USEMS serves as an umbrella society for all the individual university SEM societies in the UK, and our remit includes helping new undergraduate societies set up locally, promote their events and run an annual undergraduate SEM conference among other things.
Some of our main aims include:
- Acting as an educational resource through various means (see the education section)
- Bridging the gap that currently exists in undergraduate medical curriculum in relation to SEM
- Providing career inspiration & information
- Providing students with opportunities in SEM
- Providing an opportunity for like-minded students to network and learn, regardless of profession or training status
BASEM & USEMS
BASEM has been a staunch supporter of USEMS since its advent in 2011. Not only has it promoted, supported and provided vast networking and educational opportunities for students, but it has also generously sponsored many USEMS events, ensuring the next generation of SEM professionals are provided educational opportunities during their training at a reasonable cost. USEMS do not hesitate to recommend that anyone with an interest in SEM sign-up as a member of BASEM (regardless of profession) as there are a whole host of associated benefits, of which you can discover more here.
Get in touch
If you’re interested in finding out more about USEMS or need any help from us, you can get in touch with us in a variety of ways. So whether you’re looking to set up your own society, want ideas about medical electives or contacts in your local area, we look forward to hearing from you!