BASEM Member – £95
BASEM Non-Member – £150
Only Full-time Undergraduate students are eligible for the student delegate rate.
Undergraduate Student BASEM Member – £35
Undergraduate Student Non-Member – £45
(Members of ACPSEM/PhysiosinSport will receive member rates)
Delegate fees include:
Lunch and refreshments
6 CPD points awarded by FSEM
Filming: Presentations will be filmed during the day and will be available to view via the BASEM e-learning portal, after the event. Please note, presentations are filmed in accordance with the speakers’ permission.
The BASEM e-learning portal is a membership benefit and exclusive to members of BASEM only. You can view all membership benefits and membership categories here.
Macdonald Burlington Hotel in the centre of Birmingham is found amid the stunning architecture of the city’s beautiful New Street. Offering guests an oasis of luxury in the vibrant and culture-rich city of Birmingham, this historic hotel is a short walk from all that’s on offer in the area, with world-class shopping and entertainment on your doorstep.
Address: Burlington Arcade, 126 New Street, Birmingham, B2 4JQ
Telephone: 0344 879 9019 / International: +44 121 643 9191
Please find alternative hotels, if Macdonald Hotel is unavailable:
The Macdonald Burlington Hotel is on New Street in Birmingham:
Road: Near A38M off M6 J62
Rail: 2 minutes walk from Birmingham New Street Station
Air: 9 miles from Birmingham International BHX
Parking is available nearby at the NCP New Street multi-storey car park – St. Jude’s Passage (£9.50 for 24 hours). The car park is 5 minutes walking distance to the hotel through New Street Station. Please validate your ticket at reception.
If you require a direct drop off access to the hotel please contact the Hotel Reception
1. The organiser of the BASEM Spring Conference 2019 is the British Association of Sport and Exercise Medicine, Unit 3, Jetstream Drive, Auckley, Doncaster, DN9 3QS.
2. Your place is not guaranteed until you have received confirmation from BASEM.
3. Confirmation will be sent to you on receipt of online payment or within 14 working days of receiving your booking.
4. If you have not heard from us 14 working days after registering online, or 14 days before the start date of the conference, it is your responsibility to contact the BASEM Office to ensure your place is booked.
5. The delegate is responsible for ensuring payment has been made. Any delegates arriving at the conference with an outstanding payment will be asked to provide credit card details as a guarantee.
6. Registration fees include complimentary refreshments, lunch and conference materials.
7. The deadline date for conference registration is 22nd February 2019. No further bookings will be accepted after this time.
8. Cancellation of your booking should be made in writing. A refund will be given in line with the terms and conditions of the venue. If notification of cancellation is given with less than 14 days’ notice of the commencement of the Conference on 22nd February 2019,no refund will be possible.
9. Substitutions of delegates can be made, providing notification to the BASEM Office is made in writing or by email, to arrive no later than 5 days prior to the commencement of the Conference on 1st March 2019. You must state the full name, postal address, email address and contact telephone number of the substituted member at the time of notification of the substitution if you are unable to attend.
10. Any delegate registered to attend, who for whatever reason may not be able to attend the congress, is still liable for payment as per the cancellation policy in point 8.
11. BASEM reserves the right to cancel the course due to insufficient enrolment numbers. Such a decision will be made at least one month before the scheduled course date. Delegates will be notified by e-mail and a full refund of conference fees will be provided. Every effort will be made to avoid cancellations.
12. Adequate personal insurance should be taken out as BASEM cannot be responsible for travel and accommodation costs should the course be cancelled.
Spring Conference 2019 Programme, Thursday 7th March 2019 Mental Health and Exercise; Your Patient, Your Athlete and You!
This year's BASEM Spring Conference will take place at the Macdonald Burlington Hotel in the centre of Birmingham
Macdonald Burlington Hotel, Burlington Arcade, 126 New Street, Birmingham, England, United Kingdom, B2 4JQ