BASEM Revision Course for the FSEM Membership Exam Part One
The BASEM Revision Course for the FSEM Membership Examination Part One is an exam preparation course for Part One the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine (FSEM) Membership Exam in SEM.
The FSEM Membership Exam in Sport and Exercise Medicine (SEM) is designed to assess knowledge, skills, competence and professional attitudes required of a doctor who wishes to practice as a sport and exercise medicine practitioner in the United Kingdom. Possession of this Diploma is an essential but insufficient criterion for obtaining the CCT in SEM.
More Information on What to Expect
This course is an exam preparation course for Part One of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine (FSEM) Membership exam in Sport and Exercise Medicine. The purpose of the FSEM Membership exam is to assess knowledge, experience and clinical competency of Doctors within the field of Sport and Exercise Medicine (SEM) and is recognised for progression in specialty training for SEM.
- Focused lectures and tutorials on key topics.
- Practical sessions covering joint examination
- Practice written paper
- Advice on exam technique
- Course material including reading lists, lecture notes and practice written questions
- Led by a team of hightly experienced tutors including SEM and Orthopaedic Specialists
A sample programme is available here. Please note this is subject to change.
The date for the 2019 BASEM Revison Course for the FSEM Membership Exam Part One 2019 is yet to be confirmed.
The course is a one day course that normally takes place at a weekend a few weeks before the Part One exam.
Ifyou would like to be put on a list to be notifited when the 2019 course has been arranged please contact Lucy Bateman, BASEM Education Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org
The next BASEM Revision Course for the FSEM Membership Exam Part One is likely to take place at the BASEM Central Office and Training Suite in Doncaster although this has yet to be confirmed.
BASEM Office and Training Suite, Unit 3, Jetstream Drive, Auckley, Doncaster, DN9 3QS.
The next FSEM Membership Exam in Sport and Exercise Medicine (SEM) Part One is on 9th September 2019. (Closing date 19th July 2019)
For more information on the exam go to the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine web site www.fsem.ac.uk or click directly on the following link: https://www.fsem.ac.uk/careers-training/membership-examination/
To apply for the exam go the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh web site www.rcsed.ac.uk or click directly on the following link: https://www.rcsed.ac.uk/courses-events-exams-search-results-page?Search=Sport%20and%20Exercise%20Medicine&SearchType=Exam
If you would like to register your interest in the BASEM Revision Course for the FSEM Membership Exam Part One 2019 and be notified of the date and booking details once the course has been arranged then please contact Lucy Bateman, BASEM Education Manager, on email@example.com
- Consultant in Sport & Exercise Medicine
- Academic post at University College London which includes co-organising the MSc programme.
- NGB Doctor for Figure Skating since 2003
- Worked with Team GB at 2010 Winter Olympics
- Other elite sporting experience includes working with Women’s Basketball and Women’s Football, World University Games and Youth Olympics
- 8 years experience working with a variety of sporting and academic institutions including the BOA, FA and Queen Mary University London
- MBBS MSc FFSEM