The monetary award will be up to £3,000.
Preference will be given to research into an electrotherapy topic such as iontophoresis, muscle stimuation or shockwave therapy.
1. The applicant must have been a member of BASEM for 2 years preceding the application.
2. The application should include:-
- An introduction explaining the purpose and nature of the applicant’s body of work and their intended use of the Award money.
- An estimation of the costs involved. This may include fees for retrieving statistical information and analysis, mentoring, research support, travel expenses directly related to the research, or provision of special equipment.
- A brief up-to-date curriculum vitae, including all necessary contact details (postal address, telephone number and email address).
- Proof of ethical approval for the study/research and a letter of support from the University.
- By applying for the award the recipient(s) agree to maintain membership of BASEM for at least 2 consecutive years post award.
- The recipient of the award must complete their research within the award year. An extension to the length of the research will only be considered in extenuating circumstances. Requests should be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and await approval by the Awards Committee. BASEM reserves the right to rescind the award should this not happen.
- BASEM will reimburse the winner for the approved costs on production of receipts up to a maximum of £3,000. An advance of £1,000 may be made to cover set-up costs. Please note the Award money may not be used for any other purpose than that submitted in the application.
- The recipient of the award agrees to their success being announced in the BASEM Today, BASEM Ecircular and the BASEM website
- The recipient of the award agrees to present the results of their research as a paper at the BASEM Annual Conference. The cost of attendance at the event in order to present will be paid by the recipient.
- The recipient of the award agrees to present the results of their research as an article in the BASEM Today.
- BASEM and DJO requests that they be credited in regard to the completed research and for any future research/articles written as a result of receiving this monetary award.