BASEM Travelling Fellowship
The BASEM Travelling Fellowship is awarded on an annual basis to enable a BASEM member to travel at home, or overseas, to study a specific sports or exercise medicine problem at one or more centres of excellence.
The monetary award is worth up to £5,000.
Request for Applications for 2019
The BASEM Executive Board is pleased to invite applications for the 2019 award
Please complete the application form via the button below.
The closing date for applications is 31st January 2019
1. The applicant must have been a member of BASEM for 2 years preceding the application and should be working full-time in sport and exercise medicine.
2. The application should include:-
- An introduction explaining the subject to be studied and reasons for study, the Centres to be visited and the proposed itinerary.
- An estimation of the costs involved.
- A brief up-to-date curriculum vitae, including all necessary contact details (postal address, telephone number and email address).
Judging of Applications
The BASEM Awards sub-committee will review the applications and select the Award winner. They may not make an award if the applications are not of an adequate standard.
The applicants will receive notice of their success or otherwise 4 to 6 weeks after the closing date.
Conditions of Award
- By applying for the award the recipient agrees to maintain membership of BASEM for at least 2 consecutive years post award.
- The recipient of the award must complete their travel within the award year. Should this not happen, BASEM reserves the right to rescind the award.
- On notification of success the winner must finalise their itinerary and provide confirmation from the Centre or Centres of Excellence that this is acceptable. On receipt of this confirmation, BASEM will give the Fellow an advance of £1,000. Receipts must be saved and forwarded to the BASEM Office and the Fellow will be reimbursed up to a total of £5,000. Please note the Award money may not be used for any other purpose than that submitted in the application.
- The recipient of the award agrees to their success being announced in the BASEM Today and via the BASEM website.
- The recipient of the award will be expected to write a report on their visit(s) for publication in BASEM Today and/or the BASEM website.
- BASEM requests that the Association be credited in regard to the completed research and for any future research/articles written as a result of receiving this monetary award.