BASEM Research Bursary
This award is made on an annual basis to help an individual finance a research project.
BASEM feels it is important for the future of the Specialty of Sport and Exercise Medicine to produce high quality research projects comparable to the standards set by other medical specialities.
There will be no stated maximum financial award and more than one award may be made.
These awards will be solely to help finance research.
Request for Applications for 2019
The BASEM Executive Board is pleased to invite applications for the 2019 award
Please complete the application form via the button below.
The closing date for applications is 31st January 2019
1. The applicant must have been a member of BASEM for 2 years preceding application
2. The application should include:-
- The Title of the study
- A hypothesis
- The type of study
- The methods
- Duration of study
- How you plan to analyse the results
- An estimation of the costs involved. This may include fees for retrieving statistical information and analysis, mentoring, research support, travel expenses directly related to the research, or provision of special equipment.
- Proof of ethical approval for the study/research and a letter of support from the University.
- A brief up-to-date curriculum vitae, including all necessary contact details (postal address, telephone number and email address).
Judging of Applications
The BASEM Awards sub-committee will review the applications and select the Bursary winners. They may not make an award if the applications are not of an adequate standard.
The applicants will receive notice of their success or otherwise 4 to 6 weeks after the closing date.
Conditions of Award
- By applying for the award the recipient(s) agree to maintain membership of BASEM for at least 2 years post award.
- The recipient of the award must complete their research within the award year. An extension to the length of the research will only be considered in extenuating circumstances. Requests should be made in writing to email@example.com and await approval by the Awards Committee. Should this not happen, BASEM reserves the right to rescind the award.
- BASEM will reimburse the winner(s) for the approved costs on production of receipts. Please note the award money may not be used for any other purposes than that submitted in the application.
- The recipient(s) of the award agree to their success being announced in the BASEM Today, BASEM Ecircular and via the BASEM website.
- The recipient(s) of the award agree to present the results of their research as a paper at the BASEM Annual Conference. The cost of attendance at the conference in order to present will be paid by the recipient.
- The recipients(s) of the award agree to present the results of their research as an article in the BASEM Today.
- BASEM requests that the Association be credited in regard to the completed research and for any future research/articles written as a result of receiving this monetary award.