BASEM External Meeting Sponsorship
This award offers sponsorship towards the cost of an external (non BASEM) meeting. This is to encourage members to attend relevant sport and exercise medicine meetings that they are unable to get sponsorship for through the National Health Service or other employers. These may be within the UK or overseas.
The award is available to:
4 members - up to £500 each (amount awarded is at the discretion of the Awards Sub Committee)
Request for Applications for 2019
The BASEM Executive Board is pleased to invite applications for the 2019 award
Please complete the application form via the button below
1. The applicant must have been a member of BASEM for 2 years preceding application
2. The applicant has not received this award in the past 2 years.
3. A maximum of one application per annum will be awarded per conference/course. Applicants should submit their application as early as possible and certainly by 10 weeks prior to the conference/course. Applicants will be informed of the outcome a minimum of 8 weeks prior to the start of the conference/course
4. The application should include:-
- An introductory letter detailing the Meeting and the reasons for attending it.
- Where possible a provisional programme of the Meeting and the expected costs.
- A brief up-to-date curriculum vitae, including all necessary contact details (postal address, telephone number and email address).
5. The application must be sent by email to the BASEM office - email@example.com. There is no closing date for this award, however, applicants are advised to apply early, even if the meeting is late in the year. Otherwise, funds may already have been allocated.
Review of Applications
The BASEM Awards sub-committee will review the applications and make the awards. The BASEM Treasurer will assess the submissions of the award winners and allocate the funds accordingly.
- The applicants will receive notice of their success or otherwise a minimun of 8 weeks prior to the start of the conference/course.
Conditions of Award
- By applying for the award the recipient(s) agree to maintain membership of BASEM for the duration of 2 consecutive years post award.
- Only one application per year will be considered per member.
- Only one application per annum will be awarded per conference/course.
- The recipient(s) of the award are not eligible to apply for the same award within 2 years of receipt of the award.
- The recipient(s) of the award must complete their meeting attendance within the award year. If this does not happen, BASEM reserves the right to rescind the award.
- BASEM will reimburse the winner(s) for the approved costs on production of receipts. Please note the award money many not be used for any other purposes than that submitted in the application.
- The recipient of the award will provide an article detailing their experience for a future issue of BASEM Today. Details of the recipient will also be announced on the BASEM website and in the BASEM Ecircular.