I attended the UltrasoundSite introductory musculoskeletal (MSK) ultrasound course over the last weekend in January 2016 thanks to a BASEM External Meeting Sponsorship Award. The course is based at St George’s University, London and I found it easy to
The award is available to:
4 members – up to £500 each (amount awarded is at the discretion of the Awards Sub Committee)
Applications for the 2019 Award are now invited. Please apply via the apply now button in the application criteria section.
1. The applicant must have been a member of BASEM for 2 years preceding application
2. The applicant has not received this award in the past 2 years.
3. A maximum of one application per annum will be awarded per conference/course. Applicants should submit their application as early as possible and certainly by 10 weeks prior to the conference/course. Applicants will be informed of the outcome a minimum of 8 weeks prior to the start of the conference/course
4. The application should include:-
- An introductory letter detailing the Meeting and the reasons for attending it.
- Where possible a provisional programme of the Meeting and the expected costs.
- A brief up-to-date curriculum vitae, including all necessary contact details (postal address, telephone number and email address).
5. There is no closing date for this award, however, applicants are advised to apply early, even if the meeting is late in the year. Otherwise, funds may already have been allocated.
The BASEM Awards sub-committee will review the applications and make the awards. The BASEM Treasurer will assess the submissions of the award winners and allocate the funds accordingly.
The applicants will receive notice of their success or otherwise a minimun of 8 weeks prior to the start of the conference/course.
- By applying for the award the recipient(s) agree to maintain membership of BASEM for the duration of 2 consecutive years post award.
- Only one application per year will be considered per member.
- Only one application per annum will be awarded per conference/course.
- The recipient(s) of the award are not eligible to apply for the same award within 2 years of receipt of the award.
- The recipient(s) of the award must complete their meeting attendance within the award year. If this does not happen, BASEM reserves the right to rescind the award.
- BASEM will reimburse the winner(s) for the approved costs on production of receipts. Please note the award money many not be used for any other purposes than that submitted in the application.
- The recipient of the award will provide an article detailing their experience for a future issue of BASEM Today. Details of the recipient will also be announced on the BASEM website and in the BASEM Ecircular.
My name is Nathan Wall. I am 28 years old, originally from Limerick, Ireland and currently living in Dublin. I am currently in the 4th and final year of the TCD GP training scheme, working as a GP Registrar in Blessington Family Practice, Co Wicklow..
Over the past few years I have become interested in musculoskeletal ultrasound imaging and guided injection within the field of sports medicine as an adjunct to diagnosis and then potential treatment with guided injections.
The 2014 IOC Advanced Team Physician course was held at the fantastic Pullman Hotel in Mandelieu, France. I was keen to enhance my skills and knowledge as a team physician and the varied and relevant programme of the ATPC fit the bill perfectly.