Why? The balance and timing of exercise, nutrition and recovery is key to optimising health and all aspects of human performance. Intricate network interactions between the Endocrine system and metabolic signalling pathways drive these positive adaptations. However, non-integration of these lifestyle factors can disrupt signalling feedback pathways and predispose to maladaptation and potentially disease states.
What? Discussion, lead by experienced clinicians and researchers will cover:
· Key role of Sports Endocrinology in health and performance
· Effects of exercise modalities on body composition and bone health
· Machine learning in interpreting biochemical & metabolomic patterns
· Endocrine & metabolic markers in assessing health & training status
· Gut metabolism in supporting health and performance
· Exercise as crucial lifestyle factor in pre-existing metabolic dysfunction
Who? This conference is relevant to all members of multidisciplinary teams supporting both reluctant exercisers and elite athletes. Medics, researchers, physiologists, physiotherapists, nutritionists, psychologists, coaches, athletes. All welcome.
The Keepmoat Stadium is located at an office and retail park in the south of the town of Doncaster.
From the A1(M) join M18 Eastbound at Junction 35 (signposted Hull), or from the M1 and join the M18 Eastbound at Junction 32.
Once on the M18, leave at Junction 3 and take the A6182 towards Doncaster (the stadium is well signposted from Junction 3 and is about one and a half miles away). You will pass a retail park on your left and then at the next island (which has the Lakeside Pub visible behind it) turn left onto White Rose Way. The Lakeside Shopping Centre is now on your right (the stadium is located directly behind the shopping centre). At the next island turn right into the industrial estate, and after passing the Tesco distribution centre on your right, turn right at the bottom of the road and the stadium is further down on your left.
Doncaster Railway station serves the town of Doncaster, in South Yorkshire, England. It is situated on the East Coast Main Line 156 miles north of London Kings Cross and managed by Virgin Trains East Cost. It is a major passenger interchange between the East Coast Main Line and Cross Country Route and local services running across the North of England. Keepmoat stadium is approximately 2 miles from Doncaster Interchange.
A taxi rank is situated directly outside the station entrance/exit. The journey to the stadium will cost approximately £7.
The walk from Doncaster Interchange takes approximately 30 minutes.
The nearest airport is Doncaster Sheffield Airport
There are several hotels situated close to the Keepmoat Stadium around the Lakeside area.
*Early Bird Rates Currently Available*
BASEM Member - £75*/£95
BASEM Non Member - £125*/£150
Only full-time Undergraduate students are eligible for the student delegate rate.
Undergraduate Student BASEM Member - £25*/£30
Undergraduate Student Non Member - £35*/£40
(Members of ACPSEM/PhysiosinSport will receive member rates)
*Early Bird rates will cease on the 15th December 2017.
Delegate fees include:
Lunch and refreshments
5.5 CPD points awarded by Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine
Presentations will be filmed during the day. The presentations will be available to view via the BASEM elearning portal after the event. Please note, presentations are filmed in accordance with the speakers' permission.
The BASEM elearning portal is a membership benefit and exclusive to members of BASEM only. You can view all membership benefits and membership categories here.
1. The organiser of the BASEM Spring Conference 2018 is the British Association of Sport and Exercise Medicine, Unit 3, Jetstream Drive, Auckley, Doncaster, DN9 3QS.
2. Your place is not guaranteed until you have received confirmation from BASEM.
3. Confirmation will be sent to you on receipt of online payment or within 14 working days of receiving your booking.
4. If you have not heard from us 14 working days after registering online, or 14 days before the start date of the conference, it is your responsibility to contact the BASEM Office to ensure your place is booked.
5. The delegate is responsible for ensuring payment has been made. Any delegates arriving at conference with an outstanding payment will be asked to provide credit card details as a guarantee.
6. Registration fees include complimentary refreshments, lunch and conference materials.
7. The deadline date for conference registration is 8th March 2018. No further bookings will be accepted after this time.
8. Cancellation of your booking should be made in writing. A 10% refund will be given in line with the terms and conditions of the venue. If notification of cancellation is given with less than 7 days notice of the commencement of the Conference on 22nd March, 2018, no refund will be possible.
9. Substitutions of delegates can be made, providing notification to the BASEM Office is made in writing or by email, to arrive no later than 5 days prior to the commencement of the Conference on 22nd March, 2018. You must state the full name, postal address, email address and contact telephone number of the substituted member at the time of notification of the substitution, if you are unable to attend.
10. Any delegate registered to attend, who for whatever reason may not be able to attend the congress, is still liable for payment as per the cancellation policy in point 8.
11. BASEM reserves the right to cancel the course due to insufficient enrolment numbers. Such a decision will be made at least one month before the scheduled course date. Delegates will be notified by e-mail and a full refund of conference fees will be provided. Every effort will be made to avoid cancellations.
12. Adequate personal insurance should be taken out as BASEM cannot be responsible for travel and accommodation costs should the course be cancelled.