Course Overview: A three and a half day residential course aimed at providing a thorough grounding in areas that make up Sport and Exercise Medicine (SEM).
Date: Sunday 28th May to Wednesday 31st May,2017
Venue: Lilleshall National Sports Centre, Shropshire
The course will cover aspects of both sports medicine and science in health, disease and following acute and chronic injury.
The course will be as practical/hands on as possible and lectures will include:
Anatomy, pathologies and practical examinations of the foot, ankle, knee, shoulder & spine
• Exercise physiology
• Nutrition in sport
• Sport and doping
• Practical rehab
• Event Medicine
Draft programme can be accessed here: BASEM Foundation Skills Course Draft Programme 2017
Residential - £695
Non-Residential - £645
BASEM Non Members:
Resdential - £795
Non-Residential - £745
Membership registration is applicable to current paid up members of BASEM and ACPSEM.
Course Director and Lead Tutor: Dr Jane Dunbar, Sports Medicine Specialist
Has taught on BASEM courses since about 1995 also lectures at Stirling and Nottingham University.
Jane is supported by co tutors who bring their own specialisms to the course.
Lilleshall Sports & Conference Centre Ltd
Lilleshall National Sports Centre
Tel: (01952) 603003
Sat Nav Post code TF10 9LQ
Idyllically situated in over 100 acres of gardens and grounds overlooking the beautiful Shropshire countryside, Lilleshall Hall was formerly the country retreat and hunting lodge for the Duke of Sutherland
It is currently home to the Lilleshall National Sports Centre and offers sports facilities and grounds which are still utilised by some of today’s top sportsmen and women from a variety of fields and abilities.
Sports facilities available at the centre that can be used by delegates include, a Gym, Squash, Badminton, Table Tennis, basketball/netball, bowls, archery, astro-turf pitches and gymnastics facilities. There is no swimming pool on site.
- Book online using a debit/credit card. Cheques are no longer acceptable. Be sure to book early as places are limited.
- On receipt of your booking you will receive acknowledgement and a postal receipt. If you do not receive these within 14 days, please contact BASEM.
- The above Residential fees include refreshments, meals and single occupancy en-suite accommodation for the duration.
- The above Non-residential fees include refreshments and lunch for the duration.
- The closing date for delegate registration is Friday 5th May, 2017.
Terms and Conditions of Booking and Refund Policy
- Cancellation of your booking should be made in writing. If notification of cancellation is given in writing any time between 133 – 91 days prior to the commencement of the BASEM Foundation Course, a 75% refund will be given.
- If notification of cancellation is given in writing any time between 90 days and 30 days prior to the commencement of the BASEM Foundation Course, a 50% refund will be given.
- If notification of cancellation is given in writing any time between 29 days to 8 days prior to the commencement of the BASEM Foundation Course, a 20% refund will be given.
If notification of cancellation is given with less than 7 days notice of the
commencement of the BASEM Foundation Course, no refund will be possible.
Substitution of delegates can be made, providing notification in writing or by email, to arrive no later than 5 days prior to the commencement of the Course. You must state the full name, address, contact telephone number of the substituted member at the time of notification of the substitution, if you are unable to attend yourself.
- BASEM reserves the right to cancel the course due to insufficient enrolment numbers. Such a decision will be made approximately one month before the scheduled course date. Registrants will be notified by e-mail and a full refund of course fees will be provided. Every effort will be made to avoid cancellations.
- Adequate personal insurance should be taken out as BASEM cannot be responsible for travel and accommodation costs should the course be cancelled.
BASEM Contact Information
Lucy Bateman, BASEM Education Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
BASEM Office: Nicky Birkinshaw, BASEM Office Manager and Amanda Harwood BASEM Administrative Officer
T: 01302 623222; E: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
BASEM Office: Unit 3, Jetstream Drive, Auckley, Doncaster DN9 3QS