BASEM Spring Conference
Date: Thursday 30th March 2017, 9.00 am to 4.15 pm
Venue: Keepmoat Stadium, Stadium Way, Doncaster, DN4 5JW
The conference will focus on The Spine, an anatomical area that frequently provokes apprehension, controversy and a diversity of opinions on how problems with it should be managed. Whether it is a traumatic and life changing incident that, all too frequently, happens in sport, or a chronic debilitating problem that may affect all sports participants, the breadth of problems and conditions that can occur are extensive. Consequently, Professor Graham Smith has endeavoured to draw together a multi-disciplinary faculty of speakers that will not only cover the breadth of problems that Sport & Exercise Medicine Practitioners can be presented with, but also give a realistic perspective of how these should be managed clinically and functionally.
Presentations will include:-
- Recognition of inflammatory causes of spinal pain
- Lessons from the Inter-Disciplinary Functional Restoration Programme for Chronic Back Pain
- Recognising and managing lumbar stress fracture: The cricket fast bowler experience
- Back Pain and the Integrated Community MSK Hub: towards a better model
- The place of spinal injections in acute and chronic spine pain (Presented by the British Institute of Musculoskeletal Medicine (BIMM))
Professor Graham has brought together recognised experts in their specific areas of expertise to provide evidence based education to delegates. The programme will allow time for delegates to pose questions to the experts.
The BASEM Executive Board extends its gratitude to Professor Graham Smith and the Speakers for their time and committment to this event.
FSEM Accredited - Up to 6 CPD point per day.
Keep up-to-date with the latest news about the conference via Facebook, Twitter and news page on the BASEM website (home page).
Twitter Handle: @basem_uk
BOOKING DEADLINE EXTENDED - 24/03/2017