BASEM Spring Conference 2018
Thank you for your interest. The online booking system is now closed. We look forward to welcoming delegates and speakers at the Keepmoat Stadium, Doncaster
Why? The balance and timing of exercise, nutrition and recovery is key to optimising health and all aspects of human performance. Intricate network interactions between the Endocrine system and metabolic signalling pathways drive these positive adaptations. However, non-integration of these lifestyle factors can disrupt signalling feedback pathways and predispose to maladaptation and potentially disease states.
What? Discussion, lead by experienced clinicians and researchers will cover:
· Key role of Sports Endocrinology in health and performance
· Effects of exercise modalities on body composition and bone health
· Machine learning in interpreting biochemical & metabolomic patterns
· Endocrine & metabolic markers in assessing health & training status
· Gut metabolism in supporting health and performance
· Exercise as crucial lifestyle factor in pre-existing metabolic dysfunction
Who? This conference is relevant to all members of multidisciplinary teams supporting both reluctant exercisers and elite athletes. Medics, researchers, physiologists, physiotherapists, nutritionists, psychologists, coaches, athletes. All welcome.
CPD? This conference provides accreditation and CPD points by the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine, Royal College of Physicians and British Association of Sport and Exercise Science. It also has BJSM approval.
Keep up-to-date with conference news here or at