BASEM Spring Conference 2018
Why? The balance and timing of exercise, nutrition and recovery is key to optimising health and all aspects of human performance. Intricate network interactions between the Endocrine system and metabolic signalling pathways drive these positive adaptations. However, non-integration of these lifestyle factors can disrupt signalling feedback pathways and predispose to maladaptation and potentially disease states.
What? Discussion, lead by experienced clinicians and researchers will cover:
· Key role of Sports Endocrinology in health and performance
· Effects of exercise modalities on body composition and bone health
· Machine learning in interpreting biochemical & metabolomic patterns
· Endocrine & metabolic markers in assessing health & training status
· Gut metabolism in supporting health and performance
· Exercise as crucial lifestyle factor in pre-existing metabolic dysfunction
Who? This conference is relevant to all members of multidisciplinary teams supporting both reluctant exercisers and elite athletes. Medics, researchers, physiologists, physiotherapists, nutritionists, psychologists, coaches, athletes. All welcome.
Keep up-to-date with conference news here or at