Sir Roger Bannister Medal
The Sir Roger Bannister Award seeks to recognise a lifetime's outstanding contribution to the field of Sport and Exercise Medicine. The award was instigated in 2004 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Sir Roger's 4 minute mile and is awarded on a yearly basis.
The award is made on an annual basis, following a nomination from 2 current members of BASEM. The nominee need not be a member of BASEM.
There is no limit to the number of times an individual can be nominated, however, previous winners may not be nominated for a second time.
The 2017 Sir Roger Bannister Medal
The BASEM Executive Board is pleased to request nominations under the following criteria and procedure:-
• The requirement is for 2 nominations from 2 current members of BASEM
• The electronic nomination form should be used.
• Nominations should include contact details for the nominee and be accompanied by a short citation of no more than 250 words stating why you believe the individual concerned would be a worthy recipient of the Sir Roger Bannister award.
• The nominee need not be a member of BASEM.
• The closing date for receipt of nominations for the 2017 award is 5.00 pm on Friday 14th July 2017. After the closing date the BASEM Executive Board will review all nominations and will select the winner, with the President carrying the deciding vote, in the event of a tie.
• The successful recipient will be informed no later than 6 weeks before the BASEM/FSEM Annual Conference 2017.
• The successful recipient will be asked to attend the 2017 BASEM/FSEM Annual Conference (Thursday 12th October 2017) to receive the Sir Roger Bannister Medal.
Thank you for your time. Complete and submit the electronic nomination form by 5.00 pm on Friday 14th July 2017:-
Any enquiries in regard to this award should be made to email@example.com