BASEM MSc in Sport and Exercise Medicine Bursary
The MSC in Sport and Exercise Medicine Bursary is awarded on an annual basis and is available by application for all members of BASEM beginning a full-time or part-time course of study from September.
The monetary award is £2,000 towards the full-time or part-time study fees for a MSc in Sport and Exercise Medicine qualification only.
Request for Applications for the 2018 Award
A request for applications will be made to the membership during the Autumn of 2017.
1. To apply for the award the individual must have been a member of BASEM for 1 year preceding application
2. The individual should be commencing their course of study from September 2017 at a UK University.
3. A brief up-to-date CV should accompany your application.
Judging of Applications
The BASEM Awards sub-committee will review the applications and select the Bursary winners. They may not make an award if the applications are not of an adequate standard.
Results Notification Criteria
1. The successful applicant will be chosen by a judging committee on the value of the research proposal being presented.
2. The successful and unsuccessful applicants will be informed by email.
Conditions of Award
1. By applying for the award the recipient of the award agrees to maintain membership of BASEM for the duration of their course and for a minimum of 2 years post-graduation.
2. The recipient of the award agrees to submit regular updates (eg. module results) for the duration of their study, in return for a regular instalment of the monetary award. For example:-
1 year study - £1,000 after 6 months, £1,000 on graduation
2 year study - £500 every 6 months and on graduation
3 year study - £300 every 6 months and £500 on graduation
3. Should the recipient of the award not complete their course of study, BASEM reserves the right for reimbursement of monies already received.
4. The recipient of the award will provide an article detailing their experience and achievement for a future issue of BASEM Today. Details of the recipient will also be announced on the BASEM website and in the BASEM Today.